How to remove dandruff is a common question that many people have asked themselves and often wondered about the answer. There are a few things to consider when seeking out tips and treatments for dandruff. For starters you should understand that not every person who suffers from dandruff experiences the same symptoms or causes. You will also find that some of the treatments will work better for certain people than others. Below we’ll discuss how to remove dandruff and provide you with various different tips that can help you relieve your symptoms or even cure for your dandruff problem.
Some of the home remedies that have been mentioned throughout this article have involved the use of various oils and shampoos. These are effective in alleviating the itching and irritation that many people experience, but they also do not offer an actual cure for the problem. This is because there are specific ingredients and chemicals that are used in these products that do more harm than good to your scalp. Here are a few tips on how to remove dandruff.
- The first step is to try and determine what is causing your dandruff in the first place. You may have noticed that when you were younger your hair had a thick waxy coating on it and this was commonly attributed to the shampoo that you regularly used. In today’s world there are many different types of shampoos and cleansers that are made specifically for this purpose and they are far less harsh and damaging to your scalp. Some of these contain oil free and lanolin-based moisturizers that are very effective at keeping your scalp and hair moisturized. It is important to remember that prevention is always better than cure.
- Another suggestion on how to remove dandruff is to make a change in your shampoo. If you find that your dandruff is a problem due to an over used or chemically treated hair then you will need to find a shampoo that is specifically made for this type of problem. Look for shampoos that are made with aloe vera, green tea, and chamomile as these ingredients are all known to be beneficial at reducing dandruff. It is also highly recommended that you try a non-dandruff shampoo and see if it works for you. Although, this is more expensive than purchasing a new shampoo for your hair try to avoid spending your hard earned money unless you absolutely have to.
- If you know that your hair is curly then the next step on how to remove dandruff would be to use a medicated conditioner on your hair. This can reduce the oils produced by your scalp and thus reducing the dandruff problem. If you do not feel that using a conditioner is enough then you may want to consult your doctor about a topical treatment that he may be able to prescribe to you. There are also many over the counter treatments available so take a look around before deciding which one to use.
- If you are looking at how to remove dandruff then you will be pleased to know that one of the best solutions is to rinse your hair thoroughly with medicated shampoo and leave it out for a few minutes before rinsing it again. You may also want to avoid rubbing your hair while shampooing; this could lead to a rash or irritations. Finally, if you need to shampoo more often then limit it to once every other day. Shampooing too frequently will cause your scalp to become irritated and this can lead to a further increase in dandruff.
- Some people claim that hair dying is one of the ways to remove dandruff but this is something that you should really avoid at all costs. Dying your hair will cause it to become dry which will further irritate your scalp and lead to more dandruff outbreaks. Dyeing your hair too often will also damage the hair follicles so you will need to keep a close eye on this process. One way you can help to make sure that your dandruff is less frequent is to take an oral anti dandruff medication once a day so you are not causing any further damage to your scalp.
- If none of these methods to remove dandruff work then the only real option is to visit your doctor and seek his or her advice on which dandruff treatments are best suited to your type of dandruff. Your doctor will likely prescribe a shampoo that contains zinc pyrithione or ZPT as it is known to be an effective anti-dandruff agent. You should also ask your doctor about other hair products that may be suitable; if so, find out whether they contain ZPT. There are a number of products available but you must understand how each one works in order to make an informed choice.