Skincare tips for combination skin can help you achieve beautiful, younger-looking skin. Understanding how to take care of both dry and oily skin can be confusing and frustrating. The best way to make sure your skin will stay healthy and hydrated is by taking care of the skin’s surface from the inside out. Here are some skincare tips for combination skin that can help improve the look and feel of your skin.
- Cleansing: It is best to only use skincare products tailored specifically to your individual needs, and this also applies to combination skin types as well. After cleansing, apply a mild, oil-free cleanser to clean your face and surfaces of dirt, bacteria, and excess oils. You may want to choose a cleanser that is designed to treat both dry and oily skin. Many times, people with dry skin have problems with itching, which can be aggravated by oily skin.
- Use toner and moisturizer: Next, use toner, and moisturizer to moisturize your skin. A moisturizer will ensure that your skin stays hydrated and that it has adequate protection from the elements. The best time to apply a toner is before you go to sleep. Just like with the cleanser, you want to choose a toner that is specially formulated for combination skin. This can prevent excessive dryness.
- After moisturizing, you need to avoid over-watering your skin. Oily skin typically produces an excess amount of sebum, so it is best to limit the amount of water you pour on your face during the day. If you frequently wash your face in the morning with soap and water, you may add extra sebum to the mix when you wash your face at night. You should also limit the use of soap and water to the daytime only. Use a mild, oil-free facial cleanser to cleanse your face thoroughly, and use a good moisturizer to protect it from the wind, sun, and dry patches.
- Moisturizer full of vitamin A and E: Use a good moisturizer that contains vitamins A and E and keep your face moisturized between deep cleansing sessions and use sunscreen daily.
- Use of exfoliator: Combination skin usually have dry skin on the nose, forehead, chin, and cheeks. These areas are less oily and thus produce less oil. Many people with combination skin have problems with acne, wrinkles, and blackheads because the dead cells that get trapped in the pores become oxidized and combine with the oil produced to form a pimple. This is why it’s important to cleanse the face and gently exfoliate the nose and forehead to prevent build-up of dead skin cells that can cause acne.
- The best advice for those with combination skin is to find a good moisturizer and facial cleanser that contain gentle ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and retinol. In addition to using a good moisturizer, you’ll need a quality cleanser and makeup that won’t clog your pores. If your complexion is particularly oily, you’ll probably want to avoid makeup because of the potential for build-up. A good cleanser will help loosen dirt and other build-ups.
- A facial cleanser is designed to remove the impurities from your skin. Cleanse your face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. When you shower, be sure to wash your makeup off, including any powders, moisturizers, sunscreens, and lipsticks. Apply a good moisturizer after cleansing to lock in moisture and keep your pores clear and healthy.