Eyelash glue is an essential cosmetic product for those who love enhancing their eye makeup with false eyelashes. While commercial eyelash glues are readily available in the market, making your own at home can be a fun and cost-effective alternative. Creating your homemade eyelash glue not only allows you to customize the formula to your preferences but also ensures that you’re using natural and safe ingredients. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making your own eyelash glue at home, providing you with a simple and effective recipe.
Ingredients and Supplies
Before getting started, gather the following ingredients and supplies:
- 2 teaspoons of natural white or clear PVA glue: This type of glue is often used in crafts and is safe for skin contact.
- 1-2 drops of castor oil: Castor oil promotes lash health and helps in easy removal of false eyelashes.
- 1-2 drops of aloe vera gel: Aloe vera provides a soothing and moisturizing effect on the skin.
- A small container with a lid: You can repurpose a clean, empty eyelash glue container or a tiny glass or plastic jar.
- Toothpick or a small spatula: To mix and apply the glue.
- Optional: Eyelash applicator or tweezers, essential oils for fragrance (e.g., lavender or rose oil).
Step 1: Preparing the Base Start by pouring 2 teaspoons of the natural white or clear PVA glue into a clean container. PVA glue is skin-safe and creates a strong bond.
Step 2: Adding Castor Oil Add 1-2 drops of castor oil to the glue. Castor oil not only nourishes your natural lashes but also helps in easier removal of the false lashes later.
Step 3: Incorporating Aloe Vera Gel Add 1-2 drops of aloe vera gel to the mixture. Aloe vera provides a cooling and moisturizing effect, making the glue gentle on your skin.
Step 4: Mixing and Testing Using a toothpick or a small spatula, gently mix the ingredients until they are well blended. At this point, you can do a patch test on your wrist to ensure that the mixture doesn’t cause any irritation or allergic reactions.
Step 5: Customization (Optional) If you’d like to add a pleasant fragrance to your homemade eyelash glue, you can incorporate a drop of essential oil like lavender or rose oil. Essential oils also offer soothing properties.
Step 6: Transferring to Container Carefully transfer the glue mixture into a small container with a lid. An old, clean eyelash glue container works well for this purpose.
Step 7: Application and Use To apply your homemade eyelash glue, follow these steps:
- Ensure your eyelids and lashes are clean and makeup-free.
- Gently squeeze a small amount of the homemade glue onto a clean surface, like the back of your hand.
- Using a toothpick or a small spatula, apply a thin layer of glue along the lash band of your false eyelashes.
- Wait a few seconds for the glue to become slightly tacky. This will help the lashes adhere more effectively.
- Using an eyelash applicator or tweezers, place the false eyelashes as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Press the lashes gently to secure them in place.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
Step 8: Removal When you’re ready to remove your false lashes, gently peel them off from the outer corner towards the inner corner of your eye. You can use an oil-based makeup remover or a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to help dissolve the glue and ease the removal process.
Making your own eyelash glue at home is a creative and rewarding way to ensure that you’re using safe and natural ingredients on your delicate eye area. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a customized eyelash glue that suits your preferences and keeps your lashes looking fabulous. Remember to always perform a patch test before using the glue on your eyes and enjoy the satisfaction of a homemade beauty product that enhances your makeup routine.